Samantha's g-tube surgery went well yesterday despite being delayed until about 5 PM. She was just started on 1/2 feeds to see how she tolerates them.
Last night she had her central line in her neck removed. And while I am glad it is gone because there is always risk for infection, blood draws now mean extra sticks again for Sam. She is still semi-sedated due to the breathing tube, so perhaps she won't mind the sticks as much.
As for the breathing tube, the plan is still the same. They will try to wean her. If it seems she is unable to we will schedule a trach surgery for sometime soon.
As always, we plan on taking it one day at a time.
Until next time,